Sunday, August 31, 2014

Bat For Joe Cootamundra



Earlier this year I was fortunate to have made a connection with the lovely Jodie Roberts and her family. I was very touched by the story of Joe and his ongoing battle with the disease congenital Cytomegalovirus, (CMV).
On hearing Joe’s story it just won my heart over instantly and I wanted to do something to help. I felt an instant connection to Joe and his family, being a mum myself to two girls I could relate to the unconditional love and dedication one has to their children. I was so overwhelmed with the Robert’s family’s positive spirit and unconditional love. I met with the Roberts family and on meeting Joe I was inspired by his warmth and good nature even after coming out of an intense therapy session. He still managed to give me an enthusiastic high five!



How could I help this young boy Joe in achieving his health goals that he so deserved to reach.  In my teachings, I encourage others to take a positive mindset by clearing the mind and remaining positive to heal the body.  I guess some of us may take this for granted, that we are blessed with a functioning body and mind something that Joe unfortunately may not experience in his life time. The simple things that we take for granted like taking a walk, having a shower and being able to say simple words of love to each other.

I wanted to help support Joe and his family and have a quest to help the Robert’s family manage the pain that Joe and his family have to deal with on a daily basis.  The power of mind can help to alleviate this pain and I have been working with the Roberts family by providing Joe with relaxation therapy including relaxation CD’s and affirmations for the family too, that will help provide a calm and happy space that will enhance a happy functional family environment.



I can see that with our support and my approach to healing the mind and body that we can make a difference to Joe’s life by making sure that we provide all the tools to give him the upmost quality of life and ensure that he knows he is accepted and loved unconditionally. We can all be a part of providing a positive uplifting energy to support Joe and generate a sense of community spirit.

Joe is meeting milestones all the time and by helping him in mind and body we can together bring Joe some comfort with this rare disease. They are a truly inspiring family with lots of love to give and I am very honored to be part of the healing.



I would like to take the opportunity to bring awareness to Joe’s condition and also help others to create wellness in their lives and cope with the ever-changing environment that we live in. Moving forward we would like to support Joe in his quest for well being.


I look forward to watching Joe strive and grow and provide the best possible outcome for Joe’s ongoing needs. I hope we can as a community pull together and support this cause for Joe.




To Book Cootamundra 1 Day Bat For Joe.

DATE: Sunday 23rd November 2014

VENUE: The Auditorium
Cootamundra Ex-Servicemens Club
299 Parker Street, Cootamundra


Time: 10am – 3pm
Interactive Workshop
Inspirational/informative/interactive
Cost: $140 inclusive of yoga mat & drinkbottle

WHO IS IT FOR?

The YOGAFIT MIND & BODY 1- DAY - it's all about YOU!

How often do we hear that? Not often enough!

This 1 day event really is all about you and it is designed for you to take time out to fully restore, rejuvenate and revitalise your mind and body. The one day is to provide the time, knowledge and space for you to reconnect with yourself... in mind, body and soul.

or click here to secure your spot and register.


No comments:

Post a Comment